This Phases of the Moon interactive also includes:
The sun can tell us what time it is with a sun dial, but can the moon do the same? Scholars play with a simulation of the phases of the moon. They control the type of moon and time of day in order to see when the sun is up and when the moon is up.
- Keep a journal of the type of moon and when it can be seen
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of the types of moon, i.e. waxing, waning, gibbous, crescent, etc.
- Worksheet provides multiple levels of questions
- Provides intuitive controls on the simulator