This Pipe Maze activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Here's a lesson that is simply a-MAZE-ing! Introduce science scholars to pipeline systems through a hands-on project. Partnered pupils participate in the design, construct, and test a PVC pipeline maze. Reusable materials and clear learning objectives ensure the resource is a go-to for years to come.
- Are there oil or gas pipelines in your area? Include this information to give learners an understanding of the environmental impacts of improperly constructed pipelines
- Increase the project constraints to raise the difficulty level for older engineers
- If possible, conduct the project outside to minimize the mess
- The project requires 50 feet of PVC pipe cut into various lengths, so advance preparation is essential!
- The teacher's guide describes many options for modifying the project to suit your class' needs
- Resource creates an observable connection between surface area, pressure, and materials science