Help your young mathematicians master three-digit place value with a hands-on activity that builds on their social orientation. They create a place value house from construction paper and sort "number friends" according to which house they live in. Use with number cards or manipulatives. Then they complete various worksheets using the houses. Links to several connected resources (templates, worksheets, a PowerPoint presentation, activities for SMART Notebook collaborative learning software (which you can download for free)) are included, along with ideas for extension and extra support.
Included Materials - Join to Access
- Place Value to Tens: Review Sheet/Worksheet 1
- Place Value to Tens: Review Sheet/Worksheet 2
- Place Value PowerPoint
- Place Value House: Door and Roof Template
- Place Value Word Problems: Extension
- Place Value Party for Notebook Software