This Plastic Building Blocks lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Let's build a castle! Dennis and Cody have big plans, but do they have enough blocks between the two of them to accomplish their goal? A great context that requires students to add and compare mixed numbers. Encourage the use of pictures or diagrams to support answers. An excellent problem to assign following a lesson on the addition of mixed numbers.
- Problem includes a real-life situation that is relatable to students
- Allows for multiple approaches to solving a single problem
- Simple mixed numbers facilitate the development of fractional number sense
- Worksheet only includes a single story problem