An engaging video explores plate tectonics, from the evidence to support the theory to their movement. The analysis of the location of worldwide earthquakes shows scholars where major tectonic plates meet. The instructor differentiates between continental and oceanic plates, showing examples of both. Lastly, pupils see how different types of boundaries form different features on Earth.
- Video best fits as introduction to plate tectonics, after teaching the layers of the Earth
- Teacher needs a computer, access to the Internet, and a projection system
- Remember that YouTube comments are open to the public and may not be appropriate
- Uses high-quality images and diagrams
- Provides closed captioning to help with note taking