This Pokémon Go Cheat activity & project also includes:
Gotta catch them all—no learner left behind! Young scholars must predict the length of time it takes a phone attached to a fan to travel five kilometers given the radius and rotations versus time data. Why would you attach a phone to a fan? To hatch a Pokemon of course!
- For more advanced classes, give the speed of the fan in place of the radius length
- Bring in a fan for pupils to use as a reference; test the theory after making the calculation
- Expects previous experience with calculating the circumference of a circle
- Adaptable to different grade levels
- Uses a popular game to increase the motivation for the lesson