Every political theory needs a devil's advocate. Discussing Karl Marx with your classroom creates a healthy debate about the pros and cons of the capitalistic system and government. Last in a series of 13, the video includes primary source text and material from Marx, and engages learners through interesting narration.
- Differentiate for GATE by assigning a project where learners create their own versions of a utopia
- Conduct a compare-and-contrast analysis between Marx's theories and a capitalist like Adam Smith's theories
- Video series is perfect to include in a unit on political theory
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Models primary source analysis
- Concepts get broken down into sub-groups, making the information easily digestible
- Contemporary examples make learning meaningful