This Poly II assessment also includes:
Create polynomials with specific values. The task consists of writing three polynomial functions that evaluate to specific values for any given number. Scholars first find a polynomial that evaluates to one for a given value, then a polynomial that has a value of one for the first input and two for another input. Finally, pupils write a polynomial that has outputs of one, two, and three for three distinct inputs.
- Have learners use specific numbers first and then use more general numbers as variables in their polynomials
- Create a list of different polynomials that satisfy the given conditions
- Assumes the class is familiar with function notation and polynomial functions
- Provides an answer key with possible solutions
- Includes the level of mathematical actions highlighted by the task