What shapes classify as a polygon? The resource provides the definition of a polygon and provides examples of polygons and shapes that are not polygons. The presentation gives an explanation of why each shape falls into the particular category based on the definition.
- Provide drawings of geometric shapes, have class members determine whether the shape is a polygon or not and why
- Have pupils develop their own informal definition of a polygon
- Individuals should have a basic knowledge of line segments, angles, and planes
- The section on identifying polygons is a game show format
- Provides the names for some special polygons