This Pre-Columbian Theater, Spanish Empire, and Sor Juana: Crash Course Theater #22 video also includes:
The Aztecs turned the act of making sacrifices into a theatrical production. These native religious practices introduce a video on Pre-Columbian theater. By watching the video, viewers discover the connection between theater and the Catholic church and the introduction of drama to indigenous people groups. Viewers also get a glimpse of how the Spanish Empire reacted to theatrical traditions in Mexico.
- Read a biography of Sor Juana and summarize her influence on the world of theater
- Discuss why plays often centered around religious traditions
- 22nd in the Crash Course Theater playlist
- Highlights a strong female writer from history
- Uses humor to discuss some otherwise lackluster topics
- Jumps quickly from point to point, making the content difficult to follow; therefore pause the video frequently to check for understanding