This Probability Rules (part 1) lesson plan also includes:
In statistics, probability rules—literally! Learners use their previous knowledge and explore a set of rules for conditional probability, independent probability, and complements. Given different scenarios, they must determine what type of probability is presented and use the correct method.
- Ask learners to record the conclusions to the examples in their notes
- Challenge learners to complete the first two examples independently
- Uses concepts developed in the previous five lessons in the series
- Examples require learners to answer in terms of the context of the situation
- Includes opening and closing exercises with answer keys