This Problem Set F Resolving 3-Plane Traffic Conflicts by Changing Speed Teacher Guide with Answer Sheets interactive also includes:
Get three planes to line up safely. Individuals work through a set of problems to eliminate spacing conflicts between three airplanes in flight. The pupils use their knowledge to change the airplanes' speed or route to meet a controller's flight requirements. The interactive is the last in a series of six lessons.
- Have classmates determine the exact speed airplanes should travel to have the ideal spacing exactly as they leave the sector
- The class should be familiar with how changes in speed and path affects the time to the destination
- Class members should be comfortable working with distance-rate-time problems
- The interactive allows learners to test the solutions for the worksheet
- Uses a number line to determine the proper spacing