This Properties of Exponents and Radicals lesson plan also includes:
(vegetable)^(1/2) = root vegetable? The fourth installment of a 35-part module has scholars extend properties of exponents to rational exponents to solve problems. Individuals use these properties to rewrite radical expressions in terms of rational exponents, including expressions where the radicand contains variables.
- Have pupils create a graphic organizer summarizing properties of exponents and radicals
- Learners need to have prior experience with rational exponents
- Lesson suggests having the class use calculators to check their work, so calculators should be available
- Teacher resource lists suggestions for scaffolding instruction
- Includes a problem set to use as a homework assignment