What do science scholars need to know about electromagnetic radiation? Get in depth with standard PS4B from the Next Generation Science Standards. The narrator discusses the parts of the electromagnetic spectrum, wave and particle behavior, and wave frequency. The video also includes engaging demonstrations for each grade level.
- Use the resource for its wealth of ideas for demonstrating this standard to the class
- Plan your unit using the handy concept map included in the video
- Teach the standard after pupils have explored the properties of waves and energy
- The narrator focuses on using observations of the natural world in the lower grades to get students comfortable with different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Illustrates simple tools to help you demonstrate the invisible parts of electromagnetic radiation