This Punnett Squares and Sex-Linked Traits video also includes:
Until the 1960s, the life expectancy of a hemophiliac was only 11 years. An informative video explains how to solve a Punnett square when there is a sex-linked trait — in this case hemophilia. It includes a discussion of the xy chromosomes and the possible genotypes.
- Use handouts found at the publisher's website
- Requires prior experience with solving Punnett squares, as well as knowledge of exponents, ratios, percent, and probability
- The 17th video in a series of 33
- Video works well in both a traditional or a flipped classroom
- Creators moderate the comments to prevent bad language