This Radical Reactions lesson plan also includes:
The radical reactions of polymers seems abstract to many pupils, but this lesson turns them into a fun building game. Scholars use dice and building pieces to build polymers. Then, they determine the theoretical and experimental weight and discuss the effect of the conversion rate on the reaction.
- Challenge students to find the percent error of their polymers' molecular weight
- Requires K'NEX rods and connectors
- Assumes prior knowledge of homolytic and heterolytic radical reactions
- Includes background information for the teacher
- Offers two extension ideas