Combine several mathematics concepts as classes solve linear systems. After writing a system of equations involving a proportion, learners then solve the system. A video instructor uses the substitution method and must work with fractions to find the solution.
- Use during a unit studying systems of equations
- Include with other videos that demonstrate solving different types of linear system word problems
- Expects a proficiency with writing ratios and proportions
- Shows each step of work and describes each step thoroughly
- Checks the solution to ensure it meets both criteria of the original problem