This Rational and Not So Rational Functions assessment also includes:
Do not cross the line while graphing. Provided with several coordinate axes along with asymptotes, pupils determine two functions that will fit the given restrictions. Scholars then determine other geometrical relationships of asymptotes and provide matching functions. Finally, they show their knowledge of asymptotic lines to explain how a function can be an asymptotic curve of another function.
- Provide the class members with graphing calculators to come up with specific functions that meet the criteria
- Scholars should have an understanding of asymptotes
- Assumes the class is comfortable with graphing rational functions
- Includes descriptions of possible solutions to the open-ended questions
- Provides information about the big mathematical ideas within the questions