Data is just waiting for scholars to analyze. By viewing a video of a data analyst explaining his job and the math that surrounds it, scholars begin a lesson on data collection and analysis. Groups develop questions for a poll on teenage technology use.
- Have the class actually conduct the poll and then analyze data
- Conduct a web search on ways that Big Data has helped society or businesses
- Pupils should be familiar with data collection and analysis techniques
- Provides some examples to help learners brainstorm ideas
- Gives a list of discussion prompts for instructor use
- No handouts for the activity