Lose 10 pounds in one day, guaranteed! With the sixth installment from the digital media literacy series, scholars identify common types of persuasive language. They learn to look beyond techniques such as telling stories, presenting evidence, flattery, and inclusive language to think for themselves.
- Have small groups make a list of common online rhetorical tactics
- Ask individuals to create informational brochures about persuasive language
- Requires speakers or headphones for each student
- Provides a link for a text-based version of the lesson
- Uses specific examples, graphics, and effective pacing to reinforce content