This Representing and Combining Transformations lesson plan also includes:
Transform your learners into master geometers with an activity that asks them to first complete an assessment task drawing the result after transformation of a given shape in the coordinate plane. They then use cards to represent transformations between given L-shapes.
- Use the resource as a review activity on transformations
- Activity requires materials, such as transparency sheets and thumbtacks
- Lesson focuses on congruence transformations (rigid motions); it could be modified to include similarity transformations
- Resource includes optional extension activity
- Lesson contains a table of common issues and how to address them