This Respect My Rights, Respect My Dignity: Module One – Poverty and Human Rights unit also includes:
Creating an environment where learners feel both educated and empowered challenges any teacher when discussing a sometimes bleak topic. A respectful resource provides them with the details and permits them to make a plan of action. Budding historians discuss intriguing topics and read engaging material during class time. Each class member feels encouraged to take action in their own local communities through simulation and planning exercises.
- Assign a blog post project where scholars reflect on each activity
- Require pupils to write an essay researching the human rights efforts in different countries
- Expects you to teach the series in sequential order, with this as the first
- Be aware that poverty is a sensitive topic
- Proposes activities that help learners problem solve and interact with the world around them
- Provides an answer key where needed