Ten pages offer useful information and five activities designed to reinforce the concept of root words. Scholars make a root word booklet, partake in a matching activity that challenges them to match root words to their meaning, record their findings, write definitions, and build words using their knowledge of prefixes and suffixes.
- Encourage learners to confirm a word's definition using a dictionary
- Copy and laminate cards for continued use; have them readily available for early finishers to sort when time permits
- Direct pupils to attach page four to their interactive English langugae arts journal for future reference
- Requires some preparation—printing and cutting
- The duration reflects the estimated time it takes to complete one activity
- Works with all root words
- Each page offers an easy-to-follow objective