This Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead: Body Biography lesson plan also includes:
Pause in your reading of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead to take an in-depth look at the characters. Learners examine a chosen character by drawing a body and assigning quotes and traits to specific areas of the body, thinking about symbols, colors, and other aspects along the way.
- Extend the assignment by asking learners to write a paragraph about their character after creating and sharing their body biographies
- Post these around the room and hold a gallery walk
- The plan suggests that a sample biography would be useful, but it doesn't include one; consider taking some time to create one so that your pupils know what is expected
- Comes with an assignment handout that lists the requirements for the project and suggestions for how to get started
- The plan includes independent work, group discussion, and a presentation element