This Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead: "Teach Each Other" Discussion lesson plan also includes:
Challenge your class to hold a discussion about the theme of death in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead without direct teacher guidance. After going over the discussion protocols and quotes from the text, learners move in a circle and take turns talking about the topic. Close with a journal entry.
- Encourage learners to take notes on the page of questions during the discussion that they can use to help them form comments and help them write a strong journal entry afterward
- One of the student handouts includes self-reflection questions; while no self-reflection section is included in the lesson, this could be an excellent closing activity for the class
- The plan lists a specific procedure for choosing the next person to speak during the discussion; you may wish to follow this or create your own procedure, depending on your students
- Includes a list of questions to help learners think of things to say in the discussion
- A handout of quotes is also provided in the materials section