This Satellite Telemetry activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Satellites require rockets to launch, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand them. Future engineers learn about how satellites send data to Earth and how to interpret satellite images. They see how radio waves play a role in satellite communications and how satellite images apply binary code to encode information.
- Have pupils brainstorm the ways satellites affect their daily lives
- Requires computers with Internet access for each learner or group
- It is helpful if the class has previous experience with binary code
- Provides a student worksheet to gauge understanding
- Includes direct links to websites for use during the activity