This Saturday Sancocho lesson plan also includes:
What does stew have to do with bartering? Learners will find out how by reading the story Saturday Sancocho, discussing the text, participating in a bartering activity in class (once with goods only and once with money), and discussing the results.
- Tie this into a unit on either family traditions or trading and bartering; there is potential for cross-curricular connections here
- If you'd like, extend the lesson by making the stew in the story
- You will need to buy or borrow at least one copy of Saturday Sancocho by Leyla Torres
- The resource comes with two versions of a presentation; however, these are only for those who use interactive whiteboards
- Includes answers; rather than a separate key, these are written it italics next to the questions
- Comes with everything you need (workshets, printables, an assessment, etc.) as well as detailed instructions for how to use the materials