This Setting in "Hills Like White Elephants" lesson plan also includes:
Continue your study of the short story with the next lesson in this fourteen-lesson series. After wrapping up a study of "Hills Like White Elephants" through a quiz and discussion of the setting, learners are introduced to the final assessment for the unit. The class then takes a trip to the library to get some research tips.
- See the previous two lessons in this series for the lead-up to this plan
- The quiz referred to in the plan is not included; however, you could create your own quiz with a few questions
- If you plan to use the library for research (as is suggested here), you will likely need to coordinate a visit to your school library
- The blog site linked on in the plan doesn't seem to work, but there are plenty of other blogging options out there, like Kidblog
- Includes information about Ernest Hemingway referenced in the lesson plan procedures as well as a detailed document that explains the assessments for this unit
- Some materials are missing; see the Teaching Tips for more about this and some suggestions for how to make it work