How can pigs save lives? Examine the possibility of growing human organs from stem cells introduced into pig embryos. Learners discover the similarities and differences between pig and human organs, how stem cells function to create tissue types, and the ethical questions surrounding the topic.
- Have the class research the topic, then write an argumentative essay
- Use the video to enhance a lesson about organs or stem cells
- Provide additional details about stem cells if your pupils have not yet learned about them
- The animations help to illustrate how scientists can use stem cells in this way, which allows younger pupils to grasp the concepts
- Content is well-rounded and presents the topic from both a scientific and ethical perspective