This Slavery and the Constitution lesson plan also includes:
It's hard to believe the abolition movement was once seen as scandalous. Help learners understand how the US Constitution changed everything. A variety of activities such as corresponding reading activities, group work ideas, and discussion questions help solidify learning.
- Assign the readings as homework and complete the activities together as a class
- Differentiate for English learners by providing fill-in-the-blank notes along with classroom discussion and reading activities
- No additional prep work needed before beginning teaching
- Plenty of activities create an engaging classroom
- Comprehension questions include an answer key
- Flexibility in the lesson plan helps you to use the activities your class benefits from most