They claim there are problems on the assessment. The presentation provides 13 questions that demonstrate the problem-solving claim for Smarter Balanced assessments. Teachers use the resource to provide examples of problem-solving questions to their classes. Pupils work the items to become adjusted to problem solving.
- Use the questions throughout the year as warm-ups
- The class should be familiar with skills in sixth grade mathematics
- Item interaction does not work
- Part of a larger series exploring grade six claims 2-4
- Includes problem-solving questions from across the curriculum
- Contains answer keys to provide easier feedback and scoring