Shouldn't the variable be on only one side? Using one equation, the resource shows how to solve an equation in which there are variable terms on both sides of the equation. The short video walks through each step needed to isolate the variable on one side of the equation.
- Conduct a discussion about moving the variable to one side or another
- Individuals should know how to solve a two-step equation
- Pupils need to understand the difference between variable terms and constant terms
- Displays the arithmetic required to solve the equation
- Uses colors to highlight the inverse functions