This Solvent Snapshot lesson plan also includes:
Discover the properties and purpose of chemical solvents. Continuing with the theme of shampoo ingredients, the 10th lesson of this 24-part series investigates the choice of solvents in shampoos. Through their exploration, they learn how solvents combine with compounds while they consider their toxicity.
- As an opening activity, ask pupils to brainstorm everything they know about solvents
- Record new vocabulary and concepts in a graphic organizer
- Allow time for obtaining and preparing materials
- Provides differentiation opportunities
- Highlights key scientific vocabulary