The concept of absolute value can be difficult for learners to grasp. Reinforce their understanding of a basic absolute value expression and connect it to solving equations and inequalities. Scholars write two equations/inequalities to find the two solutions or endpoints. They then write and graph the inequality solutions.
- Once solved, ask individuals to graph their solutions on a number line to reinforce the different solution sets
- Add examples that require isolating the absolute value expression
- Individuals should be comfortable with solving equations and inequalities and have a basic understanding of absolute value prior to this lesson
- Uses a logical approach to writing two equations/inequalities to represent the absolute value
- Missing the key to the problem set provided