This Solving Linear Equations lesson plan also includes:
To find x, you have to get it by itself, correct? Individuals solve a linear word problem and share their solutions with others that solved the problem in a similar fashion. They then complete a self-assessment on how they feel about solving linear equations. The differentiated lesson culminates with groups solving four equations using printed steps.
- Use the self-assessment to give tiered assignments to individuals
- Prior to the class, cut apart the linear puzzle activity and place the pieces in baggies
- A variety of mathematics tools are needed for the Minds On activity
- Individuals conduct self-assessments and peer assessments to evaluate their learning
- Differentiated assignments are provided based upon readiness for solving linear equations