This Solving Linear Equations video also includes:
How can an equation have infinitely many solutions? Viewers first review the basic idea of solving a linear equation by applying inverse operations in the concept video. Four problem videos cover examples in solving linear equations, including those with multiple fractions that involve clearing the denominator.
- Use the video with pupils who need remediation in solving linear equations with variables on both sides
- Pause videos to have viewers solve equations before viewing answers
- Be sure learners recognize the symbol for null set, as the video uses the symbol but does not explain what it is
- Problem videos cover different situations (i.e., one solution, no solution, and infinitely many solutions)
- Video shows each step in solving each equation
- Uses nonstandard language, such as throw those together to indicate combining like terms and laws of distribution to indicate the distributive property