This Solving Proportions video also includes:
Find out if the amount of practice is proportional to better test scores. The video explains the steps learners perform to solve a proportion. Supplemental videos show examples of solving proportions of varying difficulty, which helps pupils slowly progress in their understanding of the concept.
- Assign the initial video as homework; use the three problem videos as class examples
- Supplement with practice problems for learners
- Viewing the video requires a classroom computer and Internet access
- Uses strong mathematical connections and builds on prior knowledge
- Uses a cross multiply method to solve proportions which leads to misunderstandings when working with other equations