Time to do a little two-step! Young scholars view a lesson on solving two-step equations. The video instructor shows several examples that include all different operations. The instruction emphasizes using the properties of equality as a tool for solving the equations.
- Have pupils solve the equations both horizontally and vertically to emphasize inverse operation patterns
- Post with additional videos from the same author to create a complete unit on solving equations
- Requires a solid understanding of solving one-step equations
- Includes instruction on using the TI-84 calculator
- Shows how to check the solution in the equation