Solving equations is as easy as 1-2-3. Using two examples, the video shows the order of the steps to use when solving a two-step equation. It uses a vertical approach to perform the inverse operations to isolate the variable. To finish, the narrator checks each solution to confirm it makes the equation true.
- Post the steps to solving two-step equations within the classroom
- Challenge scholars to solve similar equations with more complex rational numbers
- Class members should know the inverse operations for the basic operations
- Includes a check step using substitution
- Uses colors to highlight inverse operations