This Sophocles' Oedipus the King unit also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Introduce your class to the Greek tragedy with a study of Sophocles’ Oedipus the King. Learners examine the features of a Greek tragedy, Sophocles’ achievements and contributions, and the universal themes that make the drama an enduring classic.
4 Collections 162 Views 113 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Extract from the packet those activities and resources that are appropriate for your classroom and plug them into a unit of your own design
- Even though the unit plan is incomplete, the materials provided are of high quality and worth the download
- Included in the packet are sample lessons, discussion questions, assessments, vocabulary activities, and writing prompts with rubrics
- Although not all the lessons in the unit are included, the suggested ones are carefully scaffolded and the activities expand student understanding
- The unit exam follows the AP format
- Post-reading questions ask readers to make inferences, and provide evidence from the text to support their assertions
- Included in the packet are sample lessons, assessments, vocabulary activities, and writing prompts with rubrics.
- Only five lesson plan samples are included in the unit packet