This St. Patricks Day Lesson: The Real Story of St. Patrick lesson plan also includes:
Fun St. Patrick's Day facts abound. The lesson plan tells the story of the most famous icons associated with the holiday: the shamrock, snakes, Celtic religion, Irish history, and St. Patrick himself.
340 Views 236 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Similar to a jigsaw reading, assign learners to present the different pieces of information provided in the resource in their own unique and creative way
- As part of a research activity, have older learners verify what is identified as fact by completing online research and providing three or more complete references
- Very interesting fact vs. fiction explanations
- Includes list of questions for discussing St. Patrick's Day and Ireland
- Collaborative activity is a bit dry, and pupils may be reluctant to participate