This Stem and Leaf Plotter interactive also includes:
The key is in the leaves. Pupils enter data to create a stem-and-leaf plot. The resource then displays the plot and calculates the mean, median, and mode of the data. Using the plot and the calculated measures of spread, learners analyze the data and determine the shape and spread.
- Lead a discussion on how a stem-and-leaf plot may look like a histogram and students could use it to create one
- Individuals should know how to calculate mean, median, and mode
- The class should be comfortable with creating and reading stem-and-leaf plots
- Allows user either to calculate the measures of center or let the applet perform the calculations
- Includes links to lessons that use the interactive