This Step 9: Grab People’s Attention lesson plan also includes:
Attention! Attention! Scholars investigate the concept of attention-grabbers in advertising a product or a cause. They use the ninth installment of a 10-part County Solutions - High School series to analyze t-shirts, bumper stickers, hats, and other means of promotion. Using the concepts learned, individuals create a template of a promotional attention grabber for their finished projects.
- Come to class wearing a promotional t-shirt, button, or hat to start the lesson
- Place a variety of attention-grabbing items around the room as examples
- May need a free iCivics account to access some of the necessary materials
- Resource provides printable materials and templates to use in class
- Includes answer keys to better implement the lesson