This Step One: We've Got Issues lesson plan also includes:
What is the most pressing issue in your community? The resource helps you and your middle schoolers begin the process of doing something about it! Learners compare and contrast two pressing issues in their local counties by reading two separate articles, brainstorming, answering questions in worksheets, and ultimately voting as a class about which issue to work on for their project.
- Consider assigning scholars to research several issues on their own using the Internet as well as bringing up issues they witness instead of assigning the issues for them
- Requires free iCivics account to access all materials
- The resource functions as the first in a nine-part County Solutions series
- Uses graphic organizers and intriguing questions to foster creative thinking
- Provides a meaningful learning experience by connecting pupils to their everyday lives