This Sticking a Balloon to a Wall interactive also includes:
This is one sticky situation! Science sleuths uncover the mystery behind a balloon that appears to be stuck to a wall using an interactive. Learners observe a neutrally charged wall before they manipulate the charge on a balloon. Atom models inside the wall react to the charge on the balloon.
- Demonstrate sticking a balloon to a wall, then have individuals view the interactive
- Ask pupils to describe the shape of the electron clouds as the charge on the balloon changes from positive to negative
- Be sure to discuss a little about how this phenomenon occurs with middle schoolers before they begin using the resource
- Arrange for individual computer use so everyone can complete the interactive
- Contains two different atomic models for observation
- The controls allow users to smoothly change the charge on the balloon from negative to neutral to positive