This Stoichiometry and Balancing Equations interactive also includes:
Is your stoichiometry lesson plan just not adding up? Incorporate an exciting interactive to balance things out! Chemistry scholars manipulate the number of molecules added to the reaction vessel, then observe as bonds form and break as the reaction works toward completion.
- Just getting started in stoichiometry? Give the class a hand by distributing a worksheet with the reactants listed for each possible reaction, then let them fill in the products and balance the equation
- For more advanced classes, include an examination of concentration versus reaction rate for the reactions given in the interactive
- Make sure students are comfortable with the diatomic nature of hydrogen and chlorine before using the simulation
- Interactive progresses through multiple numbers of molecule combinations so pupils can see both stoichiometry and reaction rate factors
- Color-coded atoms help learners keep track of reactants and products