This Stop and Go lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
It's "Green light, go!" with this lesson plan! STEM classes are illuminated with the history of traffic signals and how the engineering design has improved over time. They also learn about patents for new inventions. Finally, they research in small groups and come up with a design for a traffic light for a busy intersection that includes two roads, a bicycle lane, and a hospital's emergency entrance.
- The teacher's notes are well written and organized
- Reading background material is adaptable to Common Core State Standards for informational and scientific texts
- Although the publisher lists several Next Generation Science Standards, the lesson is lacking hands-on activity and falls short of meeting them
- Since the lesson only contains reading and discussion, it's impact may be limited