This Stories of Painkiller Addiction: The Brain on Autopilot lesson plan also includes:
For some people, the force of addiction can be as biologically compelling as the drive for food or water. High schoolers watch a video segment about Ryan, a recovering addict, and learn more about how opioids and other drugs can affect the brain differently in addicts.
- Have class members watch the video and complete the worksheet at home for a flipped classroom activity
- Use the extension activities as a cross-curricular link to language arts
- Designed for high schoolers but applicable to middle school curriculum as well
- The sixth part of an eight-lesson series on prescription drugs
- Includes a teacher's guide and links to the video segment
- Aligned to National Health Standards