This Stratford 1: Shakespeare, Glove Maker video also includes:
Shakespeare did not go to university, and that may have been the best decision he ever made. A video, part of the Shakespeare English exercises series, describes the famous playwright's early years in Stratford-Upon-Avon, sharing details about his home and family. Four tasks help viewers summarize the information.
- Write short biographies about William Shakespeare with sections for his early, middle, and later years
- Discuss the idea of whether formal guidelines and constructs stifle creativity
- The transcript provides the text of the video
- Features interactive drag-and-drop activities to teach key elements of grammar
- Lists a series of discussion questions to use with learners
- Tasks focus on lower-level comprehension and do not fully cover the information contained within the video