This Structure of the Earth interactive also includes:
What lies beyond the ground beneath our feet? Young geologists learn the four main layers of Earth with an engaging puzzle set. The interactive illustrates each layer, and users must place them correctly before they can progress to the next challenging level.
- Incorporate the puzzles into a preliminary study of the layers of Earth
- Check each learner's first puzzle and use the score as a formative assessment
- Pointers on the diagrams showing each layer are a little small; consider having pupils increase the zoom on their screens for easier viewing
- Plan time for each student to have computer access
- The interactive takes the place of flashcards as a means of associating each layer with its name
- Having to observe their block placement within each grid makes scholars much more likely to remember the key components of the content